The social development program is dedicated to building healthy, prosperous communities where children, youth, and adults have hope and opportunities, and where a safety net is in place to ensure a good life for all.
- We promote self-reliance, self-sufficiency, individual responsibility
- We seek to embody and promote compassion, a gift we all carry and that our Ayuuk (traditional laws) tell us must direct all our relationships
We achieve this vision by developing and running programs that
- Directly assist people and families in need
- Uphold and pass on our traditions
- Support education
- Build community connection
- Increase workplace and life skills
- Enhance mental and physical health
- Adult In-Home Care
- Practical Assistance
- Employment Training
- Health and Wellness
- Salmon, Oolichan, and Sea Lion Harvests
- Community Garden
We will be happy to answer your questions and to help you apply for our programs.
Location and Hours
Our offices are in the Village Government building. We prefer if clients make appointments, but drop-in can usually be accommodated.
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday
Stay informed about our programs and events via Facebook, our newsletter, posters around the village, and our VHF channel.