The Education Department provides high school sponsorship for those eligible to attend these secondary schools, NESS (New Aiyansh), PRSS/CHSS (Prince Rupert), CSS/SJSS (Terrace).
Students meeting all requirements for High School sponsorship of who are registered residents of Gingolx and are accepted for sponsorship by the Education Department for student accommodation coverage, student monthly allowance, bus pass, incentive programs, etc… will be eligible from grade 8 through grade 12 or until they reach the age of 19 years.
Gingolx Village Government Education Department receives funds for Student’s living in Gingolx according to Nominal Roll requirements set by Nisga’a Lisims Government. Parents not living in Gingolx that have kids attending school (k4 to 12) outside of Gingolx are not entitle to receive any sponsorship.
Home School Coordinator: Renee Garner
- Fosters a positive relationship between the students and his/her school, home, and community to ensure maximum educational advancement.
- Deals with all non-instructional factors which affect the students advancement.
- Provides systematic counseling, consultation and advice to the student, parent, teacher, school administrator and the community on matters pertaining to the students educational advancement.
Eligible Schools to attend outside of Gingolx:
- Nisga’a Elementary Secondary School (NESS) – New Aiyansh (SD # 92)
- Prince Rupert Secondary School (PRSS) – Prince Rupert (SD # 52)
- Charles Hays Secondary School (CHSS) – Prince Rupert (SD # 52)
- Caledonia Senior School (CSS) – Terrace (SD # 82)
- Skeena Jr. Secondary School (SJSS) – Terrace (SD # 82)