Pts’aans Ts’aasg̱ooḵ

Sim’oogit: G̱ooḵ
Pdeeḵ: Lax̱sgiik
Wilnaat’ahl: Lax̱luuks
Wilp: G̱ooḵ
Miinhl Gihlee’e: K'eex̱kw
G̱an̓agwit: nidii wilaakst
Sa wil gahlkwt: 1850

Hli adoḵst w̓itkw hli ts’iw̓int:

Hukw’iltgum g̱an tgun, x̱hlip-n̓ii-t’aahl x̱sgaak hli ts’iw̓int.

Ts’uu gilp’il wil k’ap di huxw gip’il luu- ksgeets’ ahl g̱agiiksihl g̱alts’ap wil gisi- maḵskwhl pts’aan ahl Gitlax̱t’aamiks. Huxwdii tḵ’al-kw’ootkwhl pts’aan tgun g̱ooḵhl1927. Huxwdii tḵ’al-t’ip-ḵ’otskw ii simihlkwt1918, hlidaa yukwhl x̱haykwshl am’aamit ahl Gitlax̱t’aamiks, gik’uuhl g̱anhl hlag̱ats’uuhl pts’aanhl g̱alts’aphl t’ip-ḵ’asḵ’otsgwit.

Sa’ansgidiithl gat wat as Ax̱dii W̓itkw, k’yoolhl hli luu-gadihl wilps Sim’oogit Minee’eskw.

Eagle of Ts’aasg̱ooḵ

Chief: G̱ooḵ
Tribe: Eagle
Clan: Lax̱luuks
House: G̱ooḵ
Carver: K'eex̱kw
Height: unknown
Year: circa 1850

Crest figures from top to bottom:

Plain round pole (gan) with a carved Eagle sitting at the top.

Travelling downriver past Gitlax̱t’aamiks, the Eagle Pole of G̱ooḵ stood twenty-second in line along the river front. This pole disappeared before 1927: it was likely cut down and destroyed during the Christian religious revival at Gitlax̱t’aamiks in 1918 along with many other poles in the village.

This was a memorial pole for a person named Ax̱tiwilp, who was member of the House of Minee’eskw.

No Historical Pictures of Eagle of Ts’aasg̱ooḵ (click for larger image)